This recipe results in a hearty, flavorful beef stew.
- 10 small new potatoes, halved, unpeeled
- 12 small whole white onions, peeled, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 30 baby carrots, 8 ounces
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Add the meat and vegetables to the crockpot, combine the rest of the ingredients (except for the water/cornstarch) and pour it over them. Cook on low for 9-10 hours. Turn the crockpot to high and stir in the cornstarch/water mixture. Continue to cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the stew thickens.