Serve this with a nice, crusty bread.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, skin removed, or 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Combine everything but the final two ingredients and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Remove the chicken and vegetables and keep warm in an oven. Combine the water and cornstarch, then stir into the sauce. Cook on high until the sauce is thickened and serve with the chicken. Serves 4.