Corned Beef with Apple and Brown Sugar
This corned beef recipe comes out a little sweeter than the traditional version.
- 1 corned beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into chunks
Place the meat and vegetables in the crockpot, then combine the remaining ingredients and pour over them. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low (preferred) for 8-10 hours.