Mediterranean Vegetable Stew
Ingredients such as eggplant and artichoke hearts give this vegetable stew a definite Greek flare. Serve on buttered noodles.
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, or half of each color, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped, or 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, (14 oz. each), drained and rinsed
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water, (14 oz.), drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Stir all ingredients together in a crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours.