Serve this hearty meatless stew with the crustiest bread you can find. Serve with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in cubes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried leaf basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh or dry cheese-filled tortellini, cooked
Combine all ingredients except for the tortellini in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Turn heat to high, add tortellini, and cook until the tortellini is heated through, about 15 minutes.